- Surveillance inspections of pre and post heat treatments as specified.
- Verify welders are qualified to the correct WPS prior to the commencement of fabrication and welding.
- Surveillance of WPS and welder qualification for compliance during welding.
- Surveillance for the accurate calibration of welding machines to the WPS during welding.
- Visual examination of weld preparation and welds for visual compliance to the applicable standard and specification.
- Random measurement of weld size to ensure the weld profiles geometry complies with the specified standard.
- Verify third part Non Destructive Examination of welds meets the level specified.
- Attend and verify special NDE operations i.e. radiography or hydro pressure testing.
- Initiate additional NDE where welds appear visually non-compliant
- Verify post weldment alignment to ensure the member is free from distortion and complies with the geometry and tolerance specified.
Member Identification and Tagging
- Ensure all members are labelled correctly prior to protective coatings and dispatch this may include the hard stamping of the mark number and applying a metal tag.